Within the Scottish Educational Research Association’s (SERA) strategic plan the overall purpose of the organisation is stated as:
‘Working for the improvement of education through promoting and sustaining high quality educational research’
This purpose is broken down into five more specific inter-related aims:
- Raising the quality of educational research through supporting and encouraging innovation, rigour and relevance
- Encouraging the development of a research infrastructure to ensure sustainability of the activity
- Improving knowledge transfer/exchange and influencing policy and practice as well as policy on educational research
- Providinga forum for all individual researchers, through arranging conferences, seminars, networks and the website
- Promoting the use of educational research across the wider community (schools, colleges, community groups, governmental and non-governmental organisations, as well as parents, students and the general public) through effective educational and awareness raising
In this area of the site you will find further information about the SERA Constitution.
SERA is a member of the European Educational Research Association.