The SERA Early-Career Researcher Network has recently been established to support early-career researchers (ECR) in Scotland. We intend the term ECR to be understood broadly and therefore includes:
- Classroom teachers, head teachers, student teachers and any other educational practitioners working in any area of Scottish education;
- Student researchers, at undergraduate, Masters and doctoral level;
- Early career research assistants, fellows or associates based within further education, higher education or another educational establishment;
- Early career teaching fellows or lecturers based within further or higher education.
The overall aim of the network is to create a supportive environment where emerging researchers from across Scotland can come together to share and discuss research ideas, experiences and issues.
The network organises a series of seminars and workshops, which will be advertised through the SERA website and our Twitter account @sera_ECR
If you want to be involved, please contact the network co-convenors, Omolabake Fakunle, Anna Beck and Stella Mouroutsou using the details below.
SERA Student Reps
SERA has a network of PhD students from different Scottish Universities who act as representatives for SERA. Student representation is vital in the continuing goal of enhancing the student experience for postgraduate students. SERA student representatives ensure that students’ views are heard influencing educational research and university practice. They organise meetings during the academic year and they are actively involved, making suggestions, cooperating with each other and organising events for postgraduate students and early career researchers.
Al network activity from this group can be found through the Emerging Researchers category on the SERA latest part of our website.
Omolabake Fakunle, University of Edinburgh
- Email: Omolabake.Fakunle@ed.ac.uk
Anna Beck, Lecturer Teacher Professional Learning, University of Strathclyde
- Email: email@example.com
Stella Mouroutsou, Lecturer in Education, University of Stirling
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org