The competition is open to all those who are at an early stage in their educational research careers. This is likely to include research students, educational practitioners working in schools or in adult and community settings, college and university tutors. Candidates would not be expected to have published significant amounts of research work, but would be expected to aspire to this in the future.
In addition to the research paper, submissions should include a statement of up to 100 words outlining the candidate’s research experience, current activity and aspirations.
The judging panel will consist of four members of the SERA Executive Committee.
Details for submissions:
- Submissions should be 3000 words maximum (not including references or appendices)
- The paper submitted should not already be published
- Papers must be single author only
- Papers must have a strong educational focus
- Papers may be submitted that are based on collaborative research work but must be an individual written account.
Research papers will be judged against the following criteria:
- Significance/relevance of contribution to educational research and/or professional practice
- Being based on original work
- Methodological/theoretical rigour
- Methodological/theoretical originality
- Clarity of written presentation
The winner will be notified by the end of October.
If you wish to enter this competition, please submit your research paper (as a Word document, labelled ‘yournameBrisardEntry2020.doc’) and a brief statement (as a Word document, labelled ‘yournameStatementBrisard2020’) as attachments, together with full contact details, by e-mail to: Dr Stella Mouroutsou
Closing date for submissions: Friday 25th September, 5pm, 2020.