Please note: Due to the COVID-19 lockdown the SERA Executive have taken the decision to cancel this year’s conference. We will look to update everyone with details for 2021 when we can.
Call for Papers: Scottish Educational Research Association
45th Annual Conference of the Scottish Educational Research Association
Wednesday 18th November – Friday 20th November 2020
School of Education, University of Aberdeen
Conference theme – Education: Open to all?
The Scottish Educational Research Association welcomes original contributions from scholars and practitioners across a wide range of disciplines and educational settings. Our three-day conference invites researchers and practitioners working in Scotland and elsewhere to share their insights under the conference theme of Education: Open to all?
Strands for the 2020 conference include:
- Curriculum and pedagogy: How can the curriculum facilitate education for all?
- Digital Learning: What are the challenges and opportunities of opening up education online?
- Innovative Research Methods: How can innovative research methods contribute to social justice?
- Policy and Education: How does policy at global, national, regional and local levels impact on access to education?
- Professional and Vocational Learning (including teacher education and higher education): How is knowledge generated and how is it shared in the workplace and across professional boundaries?
- Social Justice, Community Education and Inclusion: Can education be open to all? Who is included and excluded in education today?
Abstracts are sought for individual papers, symposia, poster presentations, workshops, roundtable discussions, performance and arts-based sessions.
We will soon be open for bookings for this year’s event. Conference rates for the full programme are as follows:
- SERA member, £250
- Non SERA member, £280
- Students, £150
The closing date for this Call for Papers is Friday 24th April.
Please note there is now an online submission process for all proposals. You can submit your proposal via this link.
Download the Call for Papers in .pdf format here.