SERA supports those who are unable to find funding by providing a small number of free or reduced price places at the annual conference. SERA does not provide any grants or financial support to support travel costs or expenses.
You can be considered if:
- You are self-funding and not attached to an institution or organisation and have no sponsor.
- You are a new researcher or new member of staff who has limited access to institutional support to attend and present at conferences and your institution has refused to support you.
- You are part of a team who would like to present as a group and the total conference fee is not cost effective.
- You have circumstances that make it difficult or impossible to attend the conference at full cost.
There is no pro forma. You may apply for financial assistance from our Conference Support Fund, by submitting a request for funds in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions should be made in .doc, .docx or .pdf format and should exceed no more than one A4 side (use Times New Roman size 12 font, 1.5 spacing).
Applicants should clearly state on the application their:
- title of presentation
- kind of presentation
- amount of support funds sought
- reason support funds sought
- other means by which funding has been sought
- how/why attending the conference will be beneficial
Please note carefully that SERA does not regard its function as one of subsidising Universities and other Educational Bodies. You must be able to provide evidence that you have tried all reasonable sources of funding and be able to explain why you have been refused.
There is no right of appeal regarding the decision reached.